North Derbyshire Access Point (NDAP)
NDAP is a weekly multi agency meeting that aims to identify and advise about the most appropriate support service for a child or young person who is presenting with non-urgent mental health or emotional difficulties that do not require specialist CAMHS.
NDAP involves a range of local agencies, including:
- CAMHS Specialist Community Advisers (SCA’S)
- Relate Safespeak – Over 11’s children’s counselling
- Action for children- Under 11’s children’s counselling
- Change Grow Live- Drug and Alcohol Support Services
- Multi Agency Teams
- School Nurses
- First Steps
SCA’s are linked to all the local primary and secondary schools and are able to advise about support options within the school setting that may also be able to address the presenting problems.
The NDAP agencies are familiar with other voluntary or charitable organisations that support children and young people in the area and can advise about these services suitability and how to contact them.
- Self-help material or websites may be recommended if appropriate.
- Further mental health consultation or training may be offered to assist the referrer to address the problem independently.
How to access NDAP
NDAP agencies meet every Tuesday morning in 5 different venues across North Derbyshire; Buxton, Matlock, Chesterfield, Eckington and Clay Cross on a rotational basis.
Any professional working with children or young people can make a referral to NDAP via an initial consultation with your local Specialist Community Adviser.
Referral forms are electronic and once fully completed should be emailed to: CRHFT.email@example.com
Please contact your local Specialist Community Adviser for more information about how to access NDAP.