Communication Within a Young Persons' Education Setting
- In order to help support your young person, it is helpful to try and establish good communication with their education setting.
- If you and your young person feel comfortable doing so, share any reports or assessments undertaken with school so that everyone has a shared understanding of their strengths and areas of need.
- Try to attend any meetings that are scheduled where their needs and any support offered are discussed.
- If your child has a diagnosis of ASD, and is not in a school with an enhanced resource, their school can make a referral to Autism Outreach for advice and guidance if required.
- If your require further information, advice and guidance about special educational needs, disability and exclusion from school, please contact Derbyshire information Advice & Support Service for SEND (DiASS) www.derbyshireiass.co.uk